We are looking for a Director, Construction management to join our Real Estate Team.
Greetings from your future Manager
“In UPM real estate team you will get possibility to use your skills in full. We provide full scale of real estate situations from transactions and development to leasing and services. Our team will co-operate with businesses globally. We aim higher and target is to provide best in class real estate services to our customers. Please join this international real estate team” – Hannu Havanka, Vice President, Real Estate
What you will do
- Supervise and organize construction projects and activities in UPM
- Offer strategic and operational expertise and knowledge at a high level as a member of the Real Estate management team
- Develop and maintain the construction management processes and knowledge in accordance with UPM strategy, operative needs of the businesses and functions
- Support UPM businesses in construction related issues, budgeting, planning, supervising projects
- Coordinate construction expertise in the UPM between different countries and businesses
Who you are
- You have 10 years of related experience in the professional practice of construction management or engineering
- You are a solid and proven construction professional with extensive construction project management experience
- You have a degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- You communicate fluent in Finnish/German and in English and you have great networking, communication, coaching and influencing skills
- You are future thinking with strong service and an open global mindset
- You poses negotiation skills
- You have strategic perspective combined with a hands-on approach
- You get motivated all kind of projects
- You have curious attitude to learn different kind of industrial processes
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is based in Helsinki, Finland or Augsburg, Germany.
Are you interested? Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button by 30.10.2022 and attach your CV and cover letter.
Should you have questions related to the vacancy, please contact Hannu Havanka, Vice President, Real Estate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
We deliver renewable and responsible solutions and innovate for a future beyond fossils across six business areas: UPM Biorefining, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UPM Specialty Papers, UPM Communication Papers and UPM Plywood. As the industry leader in responsibility we are committed to the UN Business Ambition for 1.5°C and the science-based targets to mitigate climate change. We employ 18,000 people worldwide and our annual sales are approximately EUR 8.6 billion. Our shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. UPM Biofore – Beyond fossils. www.upm.com
Follow UPM on Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | #UPM #biofore #beyondfossils