Leading Bridge Engineer, Major Crossings
Espoo, Tampere or Oulu
We invite you to bring your significant experience within bridge engineering into play as you take on the technical lead role on bridge design projects. To succeed in this role, you have an innovative approach to your work, you are client oriented and you have experience of designing bridges to Eurocode.
Are you our new Leading Bridge Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application now!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Bridges department
As our new leading bridge engineer you will be part of a strong team of design engineers and modellers working closely with colleagues in UK, Denmark, Norway and India to apply cutting edge technology in the design of bridges and related structures around the world. Your ability to apply your experience and knowledge of bridge engineering while embracing new technology and digital automation will define your success. If you enjoy challenging the status quo and finding efficient and novel ways to tackle unfamiliar engineering problems, then you will thrive here. If you believe that a design team can become more than the sum of its parts through effective collaboration across national and cultural boundaries, then you will fit in well.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Taking on the technical lead on our projects. Multidisciplinary by nature, you will have the opportunity to exercise and develop many engineering skills. Your work will also include coordination with disciplines outside of our department, such as geo structure designers, road designers, MEP designers, etc.
- Working in all phases of the project life cycle, from the early stages of feasibility studies to detailed design projects for contractors.
- The responsibility for the team’s project delivery being compliant, timely and correct. This is essential for all our projects. We work in a true collaborative environment, where teamwork and knowledge sharing are an integral part of our success
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- You are a structural engineer with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in various phases of bridge projects
- Experience in the design of bridges to Eurocode
- Extensive experience in the design and construction of long span bridges is a requirement
- Fluency in both spoken and written English as you will be part of a multinational team working on international projects
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: flexibility and adaptability, good attitude and proactivity, creativity, superior communication skills, enthusiasm, reliability, willingness to travel, and team spirit.
Ramboll in Finland
Ramboll is one of the leading engineering, design and consultancy companies in Finland and has more than 2,500 experts across the country applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Construction Management, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, and Environment & Health. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application. If any questions, please contact Senior Design Manager Ilkka Ojala, +358408455289.