We are now looking for a
Manager, Civil Works
to join our Investment Management team. The position is based preferably in Helsinki, Finland. However, other UPM locations maybe considered.
Investment management manages the UPM overall investment frame and capital expenditure. Investment management prepares, prioritizes and harmonizes investment proposals for decision making with the aim of project success in close co-operation with UPM Business Areas.
Greetings from your future manager
“As a member of Investment Management, you will a have a key role in supporting investments across all UPM businesses and functions. You will have the opportunity to use both technical skills and your business acumen in this diverse role. This is a great opportunity to contribute to UPM’s development!” – Timo Heinonen, Head of Investment Management
What you’ll do
- Support UPM Business Areas in feasibility studies and investment proposal preparation
- Support project teams by training and participating in actual defined project work
- Develop engineering solutions to different types of projects and keep a close contact with different engineering companies
- Work together in close cooperation with internal stakeholders within UPM
- Participate occasionally to actual project implementation work
- Play a key role in enhancing safety in the project work. Promote UPM safety standards and best practices.
Who you are
- Safety is your first priority. You will not make compromises with safety.
- You have Master’s degree and solid experience from civil engineering
- You have strong experience in management and implementation of investment projects as well as site coordination
- You are competent in preparation of civil investment budget and time schedule
- You have international experience, and you are fluent in English. Other languages are considered as a plus
- You have strong capability to lead and influence in a matrix
- You have good interpersonal skills enabling you to influence and collaborate globally with different stakeholders
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you interested? Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button by 21.05.2023 and attach your CV and cover letter. We highly appreciate you submitting the application at your earliest convenience, as we are reviewing applications continuously. We will be conducting preliminary interviews already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
UPM Technology’s highly motivated and innovative teams develop new products and businesses to expand UPM’s future portfolio and enhance the competitiveness of mature businesses to accelerate the company’s Biofore transformation. We create value by delivering ground-breaking solutions, fostering strategic partnerships and making smart investments on our exciting path towards a future beyond fossils.