Are you a Civil & Structural Engineering professional looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills in an enthusiastic working environment? Do you thrive in an international environment?
Neste’s Engineering Solutions holds a key position in Neste’s investment and development projects. We are specialized in providing a unique combination of high quality technology, engineering and project management services and solutions. Engineering Solutions unit employs more than 850 professionals located in Porvoo, Naantali, Rotterdam and Singapore. In addition we work closely with a number of subcontractors on different projects.
We are looking for a
Manager, Civil & Structural Engineering
to join our Civil & Structural Engineering team.
We have an international team of experts working in industrial investment projects. The teams are responsible for civil and structural engineering part of multi-discipline project execution and successful project delivery. As a Manager, Civil & Structural Engineering you will be responsible for leading and developing your own group of Civil Engineering professionals.
This position is located in Porvoo, but work can be done partially also remotely and from our Espoo remote office. We work where we are most productive and offer flexible opportunities. To promote cooperation and the sense of belonging we have agreed on meeting face to face with the team regularly and depending on the project needs. We arrange free, fast and flexible bus transportation for our employees from Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa and Porvoo to our office in Kilpilahti.
Your main responsibilities in creating a sustainable future
- Lead your own group of Civil Engineering professionals, managing team administration and HR related duties.
- Organize and assign Civil Engineering resources in projects
- Develop people and ways of working by coaching and continuously improving processes and practices.
- Provide design leadership and coordination of larger projects.
- Develop tools and processes in Civil Engineering in cooperation with Engineering Management and other functions.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with other teams and partner networks.
- Take part in sales supporting tasks
The best combination to success in this role
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Civil and Structural engineering or other similar education
- Several years of professional work experience in Civil and Structural engineering
- Solid leadership skills and experience in industrial project work
- Team player, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Effective communication skills in Finnish and in English are mandatory, both verbally and in writing. Other language skills are an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of national and international design codes and standards such as Eurocodes
We also value
- Self-guided approach with strong initiative
- Experience in tools and process development
- International professional work experience
Civil Engineering is using Tekla Structures as a design tool for BIM modelling and Robot Structural as a primary tool for structural analysis.
Willingness to travel and the possibility to relocate internationally is an advantage.
We believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for. Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Juha Linja, Head of Civil and Mechanical, tel. +358 50 458 9510 on Tuesdays 28th of March or 4th of April during 13:00-14:00 (EEST).
Please submit your application by April 16th, 2023.
Please note that we will start to process the applications immediately upon receipt. The recruitment process includes interviews and possible aptitude testing. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
The world is going through changes. At Neste our strategy reflects the understanding and mindset that we can be in charge of these changes to serve our purpose: to create a healthier planet for our children.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit neste.com.